2in1 Natural Wash
Rufus & Coco 2in1 Natural Wash is a professionally formulated, pH balanced mild shampoo and conditioner for dogs and cats.
- Soap free and pH balanced to pet's delicate skin
- Conditions and deodorises the coat
- Natural ingredients, free from sulfates and parabens
How To Use
How to care for coats:
First, get your little mate all wet with warm water. Now apply Rufus & Coco's 2in1 Natural Wash to a few different areas of the coat, and massage it in to get a really good lather going. Then simply rinse and towel-dry. Do this whenever they need a wash, and use Rufus & Coco 4in1 Pamper Spray after or between washes for the very best results.
The active ingredients in Rufus & Coco's professionally formulated 2in1 Natural Wash include:
- Panthenol (Pro Vitamin B5): This plant-derived ingredient acts as a penetrating moisturiser. It coats the hair and seals its surface, lubricates follicles, aids detangling, provides volume, control and makes strands appear shiny.
- Vitamin E: Acts as an antioxidant that aids circulation.
- Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein: Helps to strengthen and hydrate hair while increasing manageability gloss, body and lustre.
Complete ingredients: Water, Sodium cocoyl Glycinate, Hydrolysed Wheat Protein and Hydrolysed Wheat Starch Complex, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauramide DEA, d-Panthenol, Glycerine, Citric Acid, Perfume, Preservative.
It is also what Rufus & Coco does not contain that makes it better!
Rufus & Coco doesn't contain the following harmful ingredients:
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS): Sulfate is a harsh (caustic) detergent that can damage the outer layer of the skin causing dryness, roughness, scaliness, fissuring, loss of flexibility and reduction of the barrier functions of normal healthy skin.
- Parabens: The use of mixtures of parabens allows the use of lower levels of other ingredients while increasing preservative activity. Parabens are esters of p-Hydroxybenzoic Acid.
Q: Is 2in1 Natural Wash safe for other animals?
A: 2in1 Natural Wash is very gentle and appropriate for cats, dogs, puppies, kittens, rabbits, mice, ferrets, horses, guinea pigs, rats and hamsters!
Q. Is 2in1 Natural Wash safe to use with spot-on flea treatments?
A. Yes, Natural Wash is a soap free shampoo, which means it won't strip the treatment from your pet's oil glands. Simply follow the directions on your spot-on treatment's pack on the period of time you must wait before washing your pet.
Q: Why is using soap in washes a bad idea?
A: Using soap in an animal's wash will affect their skin as the acid layer of their skin will be disrupted. This can create an environment where bacteria, parasites, and viruses can breed out of control!
Unknowingly, many pet owners may repeat washing their animals because of the smell caused by a proliferation of bacteria, making the problem worse as the skin's acid layer (pH level) becomes more imbalanced. Additionally, if the shampoo makes the skin feel dry, your animal will scratch at its skin, creating abrasions for bacteria to invade. It quickly becomes a vicious cycle.
None of the Rufus & Coco washes (shampoos) contain soap. Rufus & Coco products use a natural base and formulation specifically designed to the average pH of pets. Consider that the normal range of skin pH levels for humans is 5.2 to 6.2, which means it tends to be on the acidic side, whereas the pH levels for dogs and cats range from 5.5 to 7.5, tending toward a more alkaline concentration.
Hence we never recommend using human shampoos on pets and we eliminate the soap all together in our washes. Many humans choose soap free alternatives too for the same reason!
Rufus & Coco washes also contain a hypoallergenic fresh scent.
"It's hard to fit a beauty routine into a lifestyle as action-packed as mine. But now with Rufus & Coco's 2in1 Natural Wash, busy pets like me can get the very best wash in no time. My coat's always left looking soft and lustrous, and smells good, too! Now, I hate to ruin it by jumping in a puddle, but..."